Instagram will soon eclipse all Social Media platforms. It has truly created a whole world in itself. Some businesses these days even before going into the technicalities of getting the website made are rather testing the market on Instagram first, thanks to the unparalleled engagement on this platform. When I first came to this platform I was taken aback by the quality of pictures posted here. They were beautiful! And the more I spent time on it I realized that Instagram is more than the prettiness of the pictures. Instagram is a perfect tool for businesses which have a hard time focusing on their target market. To hone your skills on the platform, do check out Best Instagram Marketing Courses and Training.
So if you are a business who wants to utilize the full potential of Instagram, the following tips will help you in hitting the bull’s eye
1. Increase the following: Easier said than done. Gaining the first 500 followers on Insta is the biggest issue you will face. Maybe more hard than recovering from a break up. But there are hacks that I will share with you on it.
– Now comes the task of getting good numbers. For this I suggest one of my favoriteapp, Crowdfire. It has a feature of copy followers where you can type any username and copy its followers. So don’t just jump into your competitor’s username and start copying. Wait. We will do that but at a later stage. Start by copying the easy usernames like something from which people are not benefiting but they are still following them. Sample 5-6 followers, see if their Following:Unfollowing ration is advantageous. They are sure to follow you back. Once you have a good number flashing in your followers list, attack the competitor’s followers and show them how your product is better. Just before that make sure you have at least 30-40 posts so they have something to judge you on.
– Give people a reason to follow you.One of my clients had her own skincare range. As a part of her digital marketing campaign I used to share daily skincare tips and home remedies on every platform. So I wrote in the bio “Follow for Daily Beauty Tips”. I touched the right spot with that because I made sure to give people a follow from where they will learn something everyday.
2. You are official now: Once you have established something close to a brand with your product make your username as Official_<YourCompanyName> and write in the bio that it is the official account for the company. It gives a very commanding impression that the official tag is needed to distinguish itself from people who would be copying. But do that only if you have more than 1000 followers
3. Stamp it: Put a logo on your pictures so that when people repost your creativity/contests/giveaways your brand is publicized among thousands of their friends automatically and therefore create some content that is shareable.
4. The clock is ticking: Post at a time where you think your TG will be checking their accounts. Like for college students do it between 3-4 pm and on weekends, for corporate people between 5-6 pm and the weekends. Companies generally skip posting on the weekends but trust me many people become very active on social platforms o the Saturdays and Sundays, so use it wisely.
5. Pretty pictures: Post the pictures which are crystal clear or probably with a filter. It makes the picture look attractive and gives it a subtle effect adding to its sharp features. You need not have a DSLR for the perfect picture but a decent smart phone camera would do just not zoomed much.
6. Gift of giving: If you don’t have anything to offer to your customers other than your product. Make sure to write in your bios “Follow for Giveaways, free samples, contests or free gift”. And hold such events too, at least once in every 2-3 months. Trust me the giving and receiving ration is 1:1000 or even better. So you will have 1000 times the benefit of what you give. It may be slow but it will come.
7. Influencer Marketing: Do collaborate with the Influencers, but there is a lot of clutter to filter from. Chose only a blogger/stylist/celebrity if they have more than 10k-20k followers (trust me there are a lot in the market at good prices) and obviously someone who can represent your brand better. Why go for somebody who is charging the same amount but has few followers. Also make sure to match your product location with their followers’ location.
8. Things trend on Insta too: Use all the trending tools, apps, films, TV shows etc. Like I see a lot of people promoting through Dubsmash videos. We all can agree they are pretty cool and funny. Some brands also used the launch of new season of Game of Thrones as a way to troll and use it for their products reason being, in that span of time people are crazy for that one thing and will notice anything and everything related to it. So make good use of such opportunities. Example, This Breaking Bad Generatorwill do this job for you in seconds.
9. Get your Target Group: Use hashtags not just to get random likes on your pictures but also to follow the target market. Suppose the corporate people are a part of your TG then go ahead and type a company’s name in the location you prefer in the search tab and search in ‘Places’ option. This opens up a new Pandora’s box for you. You will see thousands of people who have tagged themselves at their offices. Go and follow them blindly. They are your customers served all together on a silver platter. Same goes for restaurants, pubs, colleges, etc.
10. Just Do Your Thing: Go crazy with mix of ideas or just stick to one or two. Make a good mix of elements for your target market and make sure to observe and improvise on the pattern you see.
If you liked this article, please let me know by sharing it and leaving a comment below. Would love to hear some feedback! The article was originally published on The Marketing Stories.