Content Marketing has grown so big so fast that not everybody saw it coming. While the world was going gaga after social media marketing, content marketing as a holistic domain slowly took over. Social Media marketing also effectively comes under content, but content also covers blogging, SEO and even video creation to a large extent. Today we talk about the 9 Best Content Marketing Training and Certifications for 2017.
With the pace at which things are moving, it is a little tough to exactly say which precise domain of marketing will be most sought after in the time to come, but one thing looks certain- content marketing is here to stay and grow. What a business does with this knowledge may vary from vertical to vertical, but this form of marketing is crucial for most businesses now.
We have tried our bit to put together a list of what we thought are some of the most relevant, informative and effective courses on content marketing. Hope you find what you are looking for.
Write Killer Content for the Web
1. This course aptly titled ‘Content is King : How to write Killer Content for the Web’ is a bestselling course that has been taken up by around 6000 students globally. Instructed by Steve McDonald, it is a 2.5 hour deep dive into figuring where to find killer content ideas, developing those ideas and clearly understanding the audience. More details here.
How to Write High Quality Blog Content That Gets Shared
2. This udemy course by Sandor Kiss and Patrick Dermak attacks the big problem everybody faces after creating content – sharing. Creating is easy, getting what you write to be shared is tough. The course also touches upon use of super useful design tool Canva and has a lot of free resources as well. Know more about the course here.
Effective Writing for SEO
3. One of the most important reasons many people invest in content marketing is to get better search rankings. This 4.5 hour long, 50 lecture series on How to Write Great Web Content – Better Search Rankings is an ideal match for people looking for a course on SEO writing or developing a career in Search Engine Optimization industry. All information is mentioned in detail here.
Personal Branding & Marketing using Writing for Artists and Entrepreneurs
4. If you are working on your own, wanting to build your brand, not knowing where to begin, then this could be the place to start. A very elaborate course of 4.5 hours teaches you about not just how to write and publish using various social media channels,but also teaches you the business aspect of how to make your solo journey successful. You can find out more about this series on Social Media Marketing Simplified for Artists / Creatives on udemy.
Selling with Story Writing
5. Story writing is one of the oldest forms of effective communication and its power stands true even today. Sometimes what we write is good, but not good enough to truly convince the reader or make them take a decisions. This course by Nick Usborne on Selling Stories -For Content Writers and Copywriters is perhaps a must enroll course not just for serious writers, but for everybody looking at enhancing their skills using story telling. Highly recommended from our side. Find more details here.
How to Write Better Headlines
6. Another good course by Nick is this one on How to Write Better Headlines – For Content, Email & Social. With the world fast turning into a headline reading population, the importance of a strong, catchy and effective headline is much more than before. A good article and a bad headline is like all your effort going down the drain. Know more here.
Web Content Optimisation
7. Writing content is one thing, optimising it right is another. In this third course on this list by Nick, he helps you apply Search Engine Optimization like a Pro. He also helps you understand how to sell using content and rock the social world at the same time. Recommended for people doing affiliate marketing and SEO. Find more about the series here.
Strategy of Content Marketing
8. Along with all the writing, it is also important to focus on the strategy aspect of content marketing. That is something this course created by UC Davis (University of California, Davis) addresses. This 5 week long course is ideal for digital marketing managers, content strategists, agency heads and marketing professionals. You can find details here.
Content Strategy for Professionals
9. For people working in the corporate sector, or running agencies, or ones who need to strategise around content more than write it will find this course by Northwestern University extremely helpful. The most important part is the global appeal of courses run by coursera and the instructors of this course make it even more worthwhile. Check the course curriculum here.
You may also want to check out 7 Best Affiliate Marketing Courses and Training in 2017; Best Instagram Marketing Training and Courses for 2017 and Top 10 Skill Based Coursera Courses for 2017.
So these are what we think make up some of the Best Content Marketing Courses Online for 2017 available on the web. Do share the list with your friends if you found it useful. And don’t miss signing up for our fortnightly newsletter to stay up to date with all such news and updates.