We all are very well aware of Facebooks Look-a-like audience’s tool. It helps businesses reach and target New customers who are similar to their existing ones, just by simply uploading a list of email id’s, phone numbers, or by creating an custom audience for your website visitors and running Ad campaigns with those. Earlier, it was not available cross country.
Now with the Look-a-like tool marketers can find potential customers for many countries, based on –
- People who like your Page
- Custom Audiences derived from email or phone numbers
- Custom Audiences created from website or app data
- Similar location
With over a billion daily users on mobile, Facebook is trying to be the bridge to the new global mobile economy as it gets a huge traffic from mobile devices (Close to 1.57 billion people visit Facebook monthly on mobile). Facebook is constantly ramping up its product offering for businesses and Marketers to reach Mobile audiences better.
Facebook has also added extended location targeting capabilities where Advertisers can use Facebook to find their best-value customers automatically across the world, in specific regions or in trade groups for Mobile App Install, Mobile App Engagement and Website Conversion campaigns.
During ad set creation, in the location targeting field, marketers can target globally (“worldwide”), by region (example: “Asia”) or by free trade area (example: locations part of the North American Free Trade Agreement – “NAFTA”). Once one of these options is selected, Facebook shows ads to people in the given locations and monitors performance for optimising spends better. Results can be viewed and broken down by location as well in Ads Manager.
And to have an even better view of audiences that matter to businesses, Facebook has introduced Facebook Audience Insights, a new tool designed to help marketers learn more about their target audiences, including aggregate information about geography, demographics, purchase behaviour and more.
Say you want to raise awareness for your women’s luxury fashion brand, and you sell your products in-store. You’d want to know how many people on Facebook live near your stores, as well as their interests, their past purchase behaviour and how they tend to shop (online vs. in-store). Using Audience Insights, one can get aggregate and anonymous information such as:
- Demographics — Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size
- Page likes — The top Pages people like in different categories, like women’s apparel or sports
- Location and language — Where do people live, and what languages do they speak
- Facebook usage — How frequently are people in your target audience logging onto Facebook and what device(s) they are using when they log on
- Purchases activity — Past purchase behavior (i.e. heavy buyers of women’s apparel) and purchase methods (i.e., in-store, online)
And you can view this information for three different groups of people:
- People on Facebook (the general Facebook audience)
- People connected to your Page or event
- People in Custom Audiences you’ve already created (an audience made up of your current customers)
Facebook has up-levelled the granularity and insights that marketers need for personalised advertising and target audiences that matter and have higher relevancy to a business.