There are more digital marketing jobs than takers. There’s a huge demand supply gap. Why?
You can hear the podcast here –
Some takeaways from the podcast –
For those who want to get into Digital Marketing: (Newbie)
- Start a blog experiment with interface. Free takes 5 minutes to setup WordPress, Medium, Blogger
- Attend meet Ups/events. Come visit our monthly meetups in Christ University. Link to get updates
- Meet people from the industry
- Get an Internship in any Agency. AIESEC
- Official blog. Google official blog/PPC/SEO
- Follow industry blogs – Social media examiner, MOZ etc
- Podcast/online video/Webinars
- Creative – Learn the interface – Google Photos, Canva etc
- Learn Excel – numbers (through YouTube , Lynda)
- Communication – In todays social media world Communication is the key. Improve your communication skills
- Slideshare –PPTs
- Video editing/Uploading
- Basics of Google advanced Power search
- Courses like Facebook Blueprint / Hootsuite University / Inbound Marketing Certification
- Follow industry leaders blog/Social Channels.
For Professionals in Digital Marketing: (Digital Marketing Practitioners)
- Keep Up to date with the Industry.
- Official Blog
- Apps – How to know? When they upgrade? What is new ?(update) When you see an new update release read whats new with the features
- Analytics – Interest in Analytics. Read this resources blog post for Digital Marketing Analytics
- Communication – Presentation skills. As a seasoned marketer, you will have to present your strategy to your boss, team, or clients. Improve your presentation skills with these resources– Nancy Duarte, Presentation Zen
- Know short-cuts-Use of tools/Apps
- Content – Multiple formats of content. Learn how to create short form videos, GIF’s, Audio, Video, Long form content, PPT, Ebooks, white papers, webinars
- keep Up with the new platforms- Augmented Reality Google Cardboard, Virtual Reality, Periscope,Podcast, Blab etc.
- EBooks , Case studies etc
For Experienced Professionals in Digital Marketing: (Digital Marketing Experts)
- Real-time Content Generation
- Speaking Skills
- How to tell a good story? Crafting a story connecting to the business
- Learn a new act – Do something irrelevant.
- Creativity- be creative.
- Join art – drama classes
- Mentor Someone.
- Train your team to become leaders.
You can read more about the Podcast and follow more podcasts right here.