The world is no more an alien when it comes to online learning, and globally Coursera surely is a leader when it comes to learning online. We recently came across the courses most people opted for at Coursera in 2016, and based on extensive research, we put together a list of the The Top Coursera Certification Courses for Growth in 2017 people should opt.
Best 10 Coursera Certification Courses for Career Growth in 2017
- 1. Digital Marketing from University of Illinois Certification Course
- 2. Social Media Marketing from Northwestern University Certification
- 3. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) from UC Davis Certification Training
- 4. Business Analytics from Wharton School Certification Course
- 5. Data Science from John Hopkins University Certification Course
- 6. Content Strategy for Professionals Specialization by Northwester University – Certification Course
- 7. Marketing Mix Implementation Specialization from IE Business School
- 8. Machine Learning from University of Washington
- 9. Master Python from University of Michigan
- 10. Business English Communication
1. Digital Marketing from University of Illinois Certification Course
Digital Marketing will continue to take over the world and the more you learn about the field, the more one grows. One of the most sought after courses on the platform has been the Digital Marketing Course from University of Illinois .
This Certification is sub divided into 6 courses –
1. Marketing in a Digital World
2. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory
3. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice
4. Digital Marketing Channels: The Landscape
5. Digital Marketing Channels: Planning
6. Digital Marketing Capstone
Trainers for this Program –
– Vishal Sachdev Director, Illinois MakerLab
– Rhiannon Clifton, Program Director
– Kevin Hartman, Head of Analytics at Google
– Aric Rindfleisch, John M. Jones Professor of Marketing
You can know more here.
2. Social Media Marketing from Northwestern University Certification
Social Media changes its ways faster than you can blink. There is just so much happening in the space that the best we can do is upskill ourselves to scale up in our careers. You should check out this Social Media Marketing Course from Northwestern University.
This training is sub divided into following courses –
1. What is Social?
2. The Importance of Listening
3. Engagement & Nurture Marketing Strategies
4. Content, Advertising & Social IMC
5. The Business of Social
6. Social Marketing Capstone Project
Program Trainer –
1. Randy Hlavac Lecturer, Medill IMC; CEO, Marketing Synergy Inc
More details available here.
3. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) from UC Davis Certification Training
When Digital marketing first started, a lot of it had to do with SEO (search engine optimisation). Even though a lot of activity has shifted towards paid content over time, the organic value of SEO is stronger than ever. It is also tougher to do SEO than it was before. Check out this SEO Expert certificate course from UC Davis.
Training program is divided into following courses –
1. Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
2. Search Engine Optimization Fundamentals
3. Optimizing a Website for Search
4. Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO
5. Advanced Search Engine Optimization Strategies
6. Website Optimization Client Report Project
Program Trainers –
1. Dave Lloyd Senior Manager, Global Search Marketing
2. Eric Enge Eric Enge Co-Author of “The Art of SEO”
3. Rebekah May Rebekah May SEO Manager & Lead SEO Instructor
More Details here.
4. Business Analytics from Wharton School Certification Course
The one area where most businesses seem to be investing is analytics. This is largely driven by digitisation and the ability to deep dive into what the numbers being generated by any business actually mean. You can earn your Business Analytics Certificate from the Wharton School online!
Training program is divided into following courses –
1. Customer Analytics
2. Operations Analytics
3. People Analytics
4. Accounting Analytics
5. Business Analytics Capstone
Program Trainers of Business Analytics Course from Wharton School –
– Noah Gans Anheuser-Busch Professor of Management Science, Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions
– Sergei Savin – Associate Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions
– Senthil Veeraraghavan – Associate Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions
– Ron Berman – Assistant Professor of Marketing
– Eric Bradlow – Professor of Marketing, Statistics, and Education, Chairperson, Wharton Marketing Department, Vice Dean and Director, Wharton Doctoral Program, Co-Director, Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative Martine Haas
– Martine Haas Associate Professor of Management
– Christopher D. Ittner – EY Professor of Accounting
– Brian J Bushee – The Geoffrey T. Boisi Professor
– Cade Massey – Practice Professor
– Raghu Iyengar – Associate Professor of Marketing
– Matthew Bidwell – Associate Professor of Management
– Peter Fader – Professor of Marketing and Co-Director of the Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative
More details available here.
5. Data Science from John Hopkins University Certification Course
One of the courses most people opted for in 2016 was the one on Data Science from Johns Hopkins University. It is a 9 course introduction to data science, developed and taught by leading professors. The best part is that you can even do it if you are a beginner in this field.
This program is divided into following sub courses
1. The Data Scientist’s Toolbox
2. R Programming
3. Getting and Cleaning Data
4. Exploratory Data Analysis
5. Reproducible Research
6. Statistical Inference
Program Trainer of Data Science Course from John Hopkins University –
– Roger D. Peng, PhD : Associate Professor, Biostatistics
– Brian Caffo, PhD : Professor, Biostatistics
– Jeff Leek, PhD : Associate Professor, Biostatistics
Details are available here.
6. Content Strategy for Professionals Specialization by Northwester University – Certification Course
The course that really got our attention was Learn strategies to create and implement engaging content across media platforms. Content marketing is becoming so big, that there will be an increasing need of specialists in this domain to fulfill a need of businesses to communicate across different platforms concisely and clearly.
Training is sub divided into following courses –
1. Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences
2. Content Strategy for Professionals: Managing Content
3. Content Strategy for Professionals: Expanding Your Content’s Reach
4. Content Strategy for Professionals: Ensuring Your Content’s Impact
5. Content Strategy for Professionals: Capstone Project
Program Trainers for Content Strategy Certification Course –
– John Lavine Founder, Professor and Director, Media Management Center
– Candy Lee, Professor
Details for this certification are available here. You may also want to see list of Best Content Marketing Courses and Training Online.
7. Marketing Mix Implementation Specialization from IE Business School
How about learning the 4Ps of marketing from the comfort of your home (or office)! One of the most holistic courses that covers all the basics of marketing is this one on Learning Marketing Mix Implementation from IE Business School. Ideal for people raring to learn more about marketing, this could be a most certain investment to help you grow in the domain of marketing.
8. Machine Learning from University of Washington
Another favourite of most people who enrolled in 2016 was Master Machine Learning from University of Washington. With the demand for skill sets becoming more advanced and niche, this could be an ideal addition to your CV. Details available here. You may also want to check out Best Machine Learning and Deep Learning Courses available Online..
9. Master Python from University of Michigan
Now we aren’t coders, but looks like the coding community is going gaga over Python! For these lessons on Mastering Python in 5 Online Courses from University of Michigan was another favourite of professionals all through 2016 and we see the trend continue in 2017. Details available here.
10. Business English Communication
And the last one brings us back to the basics. The University of Washington brings a course on Learning Business English Communication Skills. Could be the most basic trait and skill that is often most overlooked as well. Know more here.
You may also want to check out 7 Best Affiliate Marketing Courses and Training in 2017; 9 Best Content Marketing Course and Certifications, 7 Best EMail Marketing Courses and Best Instagram Marketing Courses for 2017.
So we hope this list helps you learn more, grow more and excel some more in your chosen paths. Do join our unmissable newsletter to keep up with all such updates in the time to come 🙂 Cheers and all the best with finding the course of your choice from our list of Top 10 Skill Based Coursera Courses for Growth in 2017!