Persian is primarily the language of Persia or modern-day Iran. However, the language is not restricted to Iran, and 110 million people worldwide speak this language. It is known as Farsi in Iran, Tajik in Tajikistan, and Dari in Afghanistan. The Persian script is a modified version of the Arabic script, and it is written from right to left. Persian literature dates back to the era of old and middle Persian. Language lovers who wish to learn Persian will find this list of free and paid online Persian language courses helpful. These are the Best Persian Language Courses, Classes, Tutorials, Programs, Certifications available online in 2021. They are suitable for beginners and people who want to reconnect with their mother tongue. Have a look at our compilation of Best Arabic Language Courses.
4 Best Persian Language Courses [2021 SEPTEMBER] [UPDATED]
For the past twenty-five years, Rosetta Stone has been building online language learning programs for students. Their Persian program provides a learning environment that helps students create connections and delve deeper into the language. First, students learn the Persian alphabet that includes 32 letters. Rosetta Stone uses the Dynamic Immersion method, wherein students build upon the vocabulary they already know. The patented speech recognition engine, called True Accent, gives real-time feedback to students on their pronunciation. Various methods are used to make learning the language a part of your daily schedule. This ensures that students do not just acquire new words but learn holistically.
– Learn new Persian words through stories narrated by native speakers.
– Your accent is compared with thousands of native speakers to help you achieve perfect pronunciation.
– Great course for beginners to familiarize them with the basic sounds.
– Read popular children’s stories and folktales that will help you learn about the rich Persian culture.
– The Seek and Speak feature of their award-winning app can be used to point at an object in the real world and get its translation.
– You can switch between the app and the desktop with your subscription.
Rating: 4.8 out of 5
You can Sign Up Here
Review – The best language course ever. – Louis
Dari is a form of Persian that is spoken in Afghanistan. This course on Udemy is for beginners with no prior knowledge of Farsi. It begins with the Farsi Alphabet and advances to daily conversation. You’ll learn to pronounce and write each letter of the alphabet. Then, you’ll learn about basic conversational phrases and words. You’ll learn to greet, seek directions, introduce yourself to other people, go shopping, and see the doctor. In the end, you will receive a 200-page supplementary book that will help you continue your journey of learning Dari.
– Students get lifetime access to the study material in the course.
– Twenty-six downloadable resources or articles are available.
– The class is compatible with both television and mobile phone.
– It includes a 30-day-money-back guarantee for students not happy with the content of the course.
– The basics of grammar and sentence formation have been covered thoroughly.
– It also contains a shareable certificate of completion.
– Build your vocabulary and learn about weather, numbers, colors, food names, body parts, and so on.
– Suitable course for beginners and people who want to reconnect with their mother tongue.
Duration: 3 Hours 26 Minutes
Rating: 4.8 out of 5
You can Sign Up Here.
Review – I enjoyed brushing up my Farsi skills, and add Dari version element. Very interesting. I found it fun, engaging and I particularly enjoyed the Tutor’s pace and easily related to the manner he delivered the overall training. And, even I managed to learn a fair bit and thus, better my Farsi. Or at least, I can say that it certainly made me that little bit braver and confident in applying what I have been learning to date. Ready to unleash my potential! Thank you, Ali. Kheily mamnoon. – Ana Paula Rossa
The Iran Heritage Foundation has created this free resource called Persian Language Online for anyone who wishes to learn this beautiful language. The Iran Heritage Foundation/ is a charity organization in the UK, which seeks to promote the rich cultural history of Iran. Persian Language Online is a high-quality learning platform with renowned contributors from the University of London, University of Cambridge, University of St. Andrews, SOAS, and Farhang Foundation. They have three apps available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store for preschoolers: Gorbeh at the sea, Gorbeh in the city, and Gorbeh on the farm. They also have lessons based on different skill levels for adults.You may like to check our take on the Best Free Tamil Language courses.
– Read their blog to learn about Persian grammar, phonology, meter, vocabulary, expressions, and more.
– Learn for free in the comfort of your home and at your pace.
– The apps for preschoolers use vibrant colors, animation, and music to teach children.
– Learn Persian greetings, numbers, alphabet, simple texts, and dialogue.
– Get to know about the complex and rich history of Persian culture.
– Study material includes video content, glossary, quiz, and exercises.
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
You can Sign Up Here
Easy Persian is a great online learning platform for students who wish to learn this language. They have more than 150 lessons that will teach you to speak, read, and write in Persian. Best of all, you do not need to sign up or register. Just pick a lesson, and start learning right away. All the lessons come free of cost. On their website, you can also find a phrasebook with sentences and phrases not covered in the lessons. They also have a separate dictionary page, which features all the words used on their website. You can download a copy of the dictionary from the website in a word format.
– They have 10 mp3 files containing Persian songs for educational purposes.
– Each mp3 file is accompanied by PDF files containing lyrics in Farsi, translation in English, and transliteration.
– Get access to more than 150 lessons for free without registering or signing up.
– Read Persian poetry and get to know renowned Persian poets.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
You can Sign Up Here
We hope you enjoyed reading and found a course that will help you become proficient in Persian. Happy Learning!