Part of Yahoo Search to be powered by Google

Yahoo inks deal with Google Digital Marketing Digital Defynd

Yahoo, in its latest release has said that among other suppliers, its search results will be also powered by Google.

In October, the Company reached an agreement with Google that provides Yahoo with additional flexibility to choose among suppliers of search results and ads. Google’s offerings complement the search services provided by Microsoft, which remains a strong partner, as well as Yahoo’s own search technologies and ad products.

Yahoo already has a deal with a host of other search result providers, including a deal with Microsoft, which meant that Bing’s ads would appear on 51% of the desktop searches that Yahoo delivers, leaving the other 49% of the results to be powered by any other third party or Yahoo’s own ad system.

This new deal also means that Google will power both mobile and desktop

Pursuant to the Services Agreement, Google will provide Yahoo with search advertisements through Google’s AdSense for Search service (“AFS”), web algorithmic search services through Google’s Websearch Service, and image search services. The results provided by Google for these services will be available to Yahoo for display on both desktop and mobile platforms.

But the Google search results could be skipped completely as well

Under the Services Agreement, Yahoo has discretion to select which search queries to send to Google and is not obligated to send any minimum number of search queries. The Services Agreement is non-exclusive and expressly permits Yahoo to use any other search advertising services, including its own service, the services of Microsoft Corporation or other third parties.

Google to pay Yahoo for showing ads

Google will pay Yahoo a percentage of the gross revenues from AFS ads displayed on Yahoo Properties or Affiliate Sites. The percentage will vary depending on whether the ads are displayed on U.S. desktop sites, non-U.S. desktop sites or on the tablet or mobile phone versions of the Yahoo Properties or its Affiliate Sites. Yahoo will pay Google fees for requests for image search results or web algorithmic search results.

You can read more about the report as first talked about here.



Digital Defynd

Digital Defynd is a Global Digital Marketing & Learning Hub to help digital professionals fynd the best courses, online tools and career opportunities. Join our mailer to join the gang.

digitaldefynd has 133 posts and counting.See all posts by digitaldefynd